Storing Li Po batteries in plane, bad?

That's pretty much what I leared as well.

Reply to
Paul McIntosh

Of course, that kinda flies in the face of a lot of RF coaxial wires being single solid center conductors!

Reply to
Paul McIntosh

we are talking dc here so skin effect is not a factor.

Reply to
W4JLE

You know I am willing to accept that everyone knows everything and I know nothing because it has been a lot of years ago in a field I left. However, please explain WHY the electric guys want multistranded wire?

Reply to
Six_O'Clock_High

Because solid wire is prone to break with vibration and movemement. your house for example doesn't move (except in Kansas and California) and is wired with solid wire.

Your lamp cord that gets moved around is stranded. any where a flexable connection is used, go stranded.

Reply to
W4JLE

Oh dear. Educational failure. Thats is only true of HF AC. DC to a few hundred kilohertz it uses the wole lot.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

and read the FAQ's

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

PS: W4JLE actually knows what he is talking about. The rest of em are suffering from acute mental deterioration caused by ytears of berathing alcohol and oil fumes.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Thanks for the web site you brought. Very interesting. But to find what I want to know is a bit more difficult than in this usenet. I do like their ability to attach photos along with their posts. Anyone else looked into it?

I have no further questions at this time but does not mean I won't in the near future.

Wan

Reply to
Wan

Just ask in the battery forum.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Of course he knows what he is talking about. There are some but I have not seen many on this usenet who addresses the issues at hand as thoroughly. And he stays the course on a given question without digression. I asked a question on wire resistance and got more than expected. Which is a learning experience for me.

Would you want anything less?

Wan

Reply to
Wan