Thanks and a New Query- Wing Whistle

You guys have been just great with all the data on Super Tigre carbs. Somne of it was contradictory but it all was helpful. I now have a smooth running ST 75 on a sixty size Stik. Now for the next question. At the field there is a guy who has a "wing whistle" on his plane. As it flies by, it emits a high pitched whistle sound kind of like the old WW 2 Stuka dive bombers. He has no idea where he got it. Anyone ever seen one of these?

Ted

Reply to
Ted

On Fri, 16 Nov 2007 13:31:14 -0800 (PST), Ted wrote in :

ACK! You've got to tell us WHAT WORKED! :o)

Heard some.

Never bought one.

Don't have time to search right now ...

Marty

Reply to
Martin X. Moleski, SJ

I'd imagine any kind of whistle would work, if it was light enough to not mess with the plane's weight distribution. It sounds like just air moving across a sharp edge affixed to a tube. Rich

Reply to
rich

I know a guy that has some. They are made for rc planes. I bet A.T. has a link for it. mk

Reply to
MJKolodziej

On Fri, 16 Nov 2007 13:31:14 -0800 (PST), Ted wrote in :

Not me.

The good news is that what you want is fully described on this page:

The bad news is that the product is out of production at present.

Marty

Reply to
Martin X. Moleski, SJ

Or maybe that's the good news... Those things are kind of entertaining for about 5 minutes- if they're on your airplane, and after that they're a nuisance. Of course, there's always one guy who thinks they're the greates thing going.

-Paul

Reply to
Paul Ryan

how to loose friends or your field make you plane noisier great idea

Reply to
me