Using FMS simulator with my Spektrum DX6?

I purchased a connector cord so that I could use my own DX6 transmitter with FMS. Somehow, my computer does not recognize the DX6 at all. It does recognize a stand-alone joystick... Any ideas how to load my DX6 (connected via USB cable ) into my computer? thanks for any help.

Rich p.s. I know nothing about game controllers, which is what I think this device is now considered. I probably ought to find a twelve year old kid who would know all about making the two devices talk to one another... ha ha Rich

Reply to
rich

p.s. I am running Windows XP RG

Reply to
rich

I don't have a DX6, but if it programs the same way as the DX7...

Go into the System program loop and enable the Trainer function, it should work then.

PCPhill

Reply to
PCPhill

The problem was, apparently, with FMS "seeing" my TX. I found the answer on the FMS forum. I had to download a "patch" and it worked slick as a whistle. regards, Rich

Reply to
rich