To New or Not to New

My advice would to be buy what you like. If you've been flying most every weekend for close to a year...on the same airplane , I would say you're ready for most anything in the intermediate type , and some of the more advanced ....With some Help. Get an experienced flyer to test fly and trim it for you , point out the bad habits (if any) of that particular aircraft and have a ball. I agree with Jack Goff when he said that maybe you crashed because it's a trainer. You'll find that the more advanced aircraft will fly much better , do exactly what you tell them , handle wind better and are much more fun.

I'll probably get flamed for this , but many guys will tell you this airplane or that airplane is a "real handful..stay away from it".After flying most everything from 1/4 Midget Pylon racers to giant scale in the last 20 years or so , most are very manageable and easy to fly once you know that habits of the particular aircraft. I think some guys get on the " real handful" description to boost their ego and brag a bit.. (Flame suit on) Remember wanting a Sig Cougar about a year after I started flying. One of the guys at the field had a Cougar and said to "stay away from'em... a real handful". I got the Cougar anyway and found that it's really one of the easiest to fly models of that style ....slows down real well , easy to land and tough as nails since they have a foam core wing and a solid balsa fuse.

I got a little long winded there.Since I only post about once a year on here , I go nuts when I do. LOL I mostly lurk in the shadows and enjoy everyone else's posts. There are some real good guys in here as you'll find out....and a wealth of knowledge which they readily give up. One other thing, if you don't have a flight simulator , I would recommend buying one. They are a big help...and fun.

Enjoy the hobby. It's all about fun.

Ken Day

Reply to
Ken Day

djindivik

Ray:

This gem is the best piece of advice I've read yet.

:-)

TomC

Reply to
Tom Crabtree