U-Can-Do Cowl?

I'm building a 'U-Can-Do' that has a full cowl. I understand how to locate
the openings using tape and light cardboard but what is the best tool to
trim the cowl to fit the engine and muffler?
Earl Scherzinger
Reply to
Earl Scherzinger
I use a dremel with a 1/4 inch sanding drum. Turn it on edge a little and it will go right through the fiberglass. I use coarse paper to get it close then fine paper to smooth the holes out. Then use some CA to seal the edges of the cut outs. Otherwise oil can seep under the paint on the fiberglass. Good luck.
John VB
Earl Scherz> I'm building a 'U-Can-Do' that has a full cowl. I understand how to locate
Reply to
JJVB
What size U Can Do are you assembling ? I have a .46 size with an OS .70 FS and I love it. I've also flown the the .60 and it flies great too. You'll have a lot of fun with this airplane.
Ken
Reply to
Ken Day

Site Timeline