U-Can-Do Cowl?

I'm building a 'U-Can-Do' that has a full cowl. I understand how to locate the openings using tape and light cardboard but what is the best tool to trim the cowl to fit the engine and muffler?

____________________________________________ Earl Scherzinger

Reply to
Earl Scherzinger

I use a dremel with a 1/4 inch sanding drum. Turn it on edge a little and it will go right through the fiberglass. I use coarse paper to get it close then fine paper to smooth the holes out. Then use some CA to seal the edges of the cut outs. Otherwise oil can seep under the paint on the fiberglass. Good luck.

John VB

Earl Scherz> I'm building a 'U-Can-Do' that has a full cowl. I understand how to locate

Reply to
JJVB

Reply to
Storm's Hamilton

Ditto on the Dremel with the sanding drum.

Reply to
Ken Day

What size U Can Do are you assembling ? I have a .46 size with an OS .70 FS and I love it. I've also flown the the .60 and it flies great too. You'll have a lot of fun with this airplane.

Ken

Reply to
Ken Day