Wanted to buy: Fox .15 CL (old style) NIB

A friend is looking for the old Fox control-line .15 engine. Plain bearing.

He'd like one new in the box (naturally).

Anyone got one of those tucked away and up for sale?

Marty

Reply to
Martin X. Moleski, SJ

I have one, but it's been run and no box. If he can't find a nib one and is interested, reply here.

Speaking of old engines, I also have a Twin Fury. Two in-line cylinders about .049 size. I haven't been able to find any info on it anywhere; anyone ever hear of this engine?

Reply to
gad

On Tue, 4 Dec 2007 22:06:41 -0500, "gad" wrote in :

Will do.

Not me.

Marty

Reply to
Martin X. Moleski, SJ

:

You could ask in rcgroups in the vintage forum. Or C/L forum. Small but steady flow of antique engines from people who have them to those who want them.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

On Wed, 05 Dec 2007 12:12:02 +0000, The Natural Philosopher wrote in :

Makes sense.

Thanks!

Marty

Reply to
Martin X. Moleski, SJ

----------

I see pristine examples of this engine on eBay every couple of weeks or so.

I have two of them. One is thoroughly worn out - learned how to fly inverted in control line with it in 1962. They (Fox) had just introduced this engine, the Fox .15X. Neat, easy hand starting engine.

The second looks to be unran, but no box or paper work. It is a gift from a friend and I would never sell it. Sorry.

Ed Cregger

Reply to
Ed Cregger

On Wed, 05 Dec 2007 10:15:37 -0500, Ed Cregger wrote in :

OK. If you think of it, let me know next time you see one. Vintage, not the modern ball-bearing version.

My friend is seeking one for sentimental reasons. Sentimental reasons not to sell are in the same ballpark. ;o)

Marty

Reply to
Martin X. Moleski, SJ

in :

---------

I will keep a peeper open on eBay for you, Marty. Shouldn't be too long until another one pops up.

Ed Cregger

Reply to
Ed Cregger

On Wed, 05 Dec 2007 16:25:01 -0500, Ed Cregger wrote in :

Great!

Much appreciated.

Marty

Reply to
Martin X. Moleski, SJ

He found what he was looking for.

Thanks for all the tips, everybody. Much appreciated!

Marty

Reply to
Martin X. Moleski, SJ