Wing Mfg. P-40/Wood Pack

Hi Has any one lately built any of the Wing Mfg kits..I want to know if the wood pack is a necesary?? I've built one plane from a short kit,so I can get my own wood. Not sure excatly what comes in the wood pack..I'm thinking of building the P-40..Any comment or suggestions are welcome.I have a GMS 47 looking for home, should be enough for the P-40..

Thanks In Advance snipped-for-privacy@aol.com

Reply to
DanNJ

That should be one lively plane!!! Actually a good choice for a first time scale builder or someone interested in speed. All in all, a great flying plane.

The wood pack isn't necessary and you can get the wood cheaper. One thing the pack has going for it is you can't make a mistake and order the wrong (or wrong quantity) of wood.

BTW, if you want more scale, use thicker fuselage wood and round it off more.

Reply to
Paul McIntosh

I ordered the wood pack once. I could have bought better wood for less dinero.

CR

DanNJ wrote:

Reply to
Charles & Peggy Robinson