Wood Glue or CA...

I happen to still have the ESS AMT-1 speakers that I bought around '74 (and by the way, they still put out sound "as clear as light"). The only speaker that out performs them (in my opinion) is the Martin Logan. But I digress... The cabinets on my AMT's still look like new. But speaker cabinets that just sit there day after day are a lot different from aircraft that are put through multi-G stresses every time they fly. I'm gonna stand on my recommendation to stay away from ANY hotmelt glues for aircraft use.

MJC

Reply to
MJC

Yea, the AMTs were real kick-ass speakers. I had some AMT Towers for a while. They just drew too much power and took up too much room in my first townhouse so I sold them.

Reply to
Paul McIntosh

Wrote:> I happen to still have the ESS AMT-1 speakers that I bought around '74

speaker that out performs them (in my opinion) is the Martin Logan. But I digress... The cabinets on my AMT's still look like new.

from aircraft that are put through multi-G stresses every time they fly. I'm gonna stand on my recommendation to stay away from ANY hotmelt glues

OK Cool, we now have a test available to us. MJC take your speakers up on your roof and drop them, let us know if the glue holds:) rick markel

Reply to
Aileron37

The glue will hold. Our designs were subjected to a three foot drop onto the corners. You really can't compare the cheap hobby hot melt guns with commercial stuff.

Reply to
Paul McIntosh

Wrote: >The glue will hold. Our designs were subjected to a three foot drop onto

Paul, your no fun:) rick markel

Reply to
Aileron37