What type of CA glue to use on foam?

I need to glue some cracks on my ParkZone foam aircraft. I have a bunch of generic CA for my scale modeling, both thin and thick gel. Can I use that or is there a special type for foam?

Larry

Reply to
Larry

It has to be ODERLESS or foam safe. Sometimes you can use the other if you kick it right away but it's not a good idea. Looking at your Spit, some of that can be taped with carton sealing tape. mk

Reply to
MJKolodziej

Thanks MK!

I'll make a trip to the hobby shop for the proper glue. I want to glue up some seams that PZ put the glue on too thin and it didn't bond.

How about White glue or carpenters wood glue? I'm not in a big hurry for it to dry, the Spit is going to stay safely hanging on the wall until a qualified pilot is available to fly it ;)

Larry

Reply to
Larry

Anything water based (like wood glue) won't work with plastic. Regular CA glues contain a solvent that will attack foam. Try either package tape, foam safe CA, or epoxy.

Reply to
BCRandy