3d parts in 2d drawing

if you know very little about 3d, I recommend you simply isolate that layer & trace over it in a new layer then turn the 3d one off.
Reply to
Longshot
28 Apr 2004 01:39:45 GMT, :
In the help menu, look up PROJECT & SECTION.
Also, depending upon the complexity of the drawing, you might try tracing w/ an uninterrupted PLINE, as the points you select will be forced into a flat plane.
Reply to
kangarc
There is a lisp called flatten.zip that sets the z to zero Do a google search for it. or try Mark Middlebrooks or Afralisp web sites, links from mine at
Regards
Alan (cadalot)
Reply to
Cadalot
HiHo; Search the web for "Flatten.lsp". or

bestafor
Can I add a word to the other suggestions about Flatten.lsp?
If the 3D contains 3D blocks, it will not flatten those. At least, the Flatten.lsp that I have doesn't. Since you mentioned conveyors, I guess that some items like tail rollers and drive rollers might well be blocks. Exploding them (if you can) would help.
Reply to
B. W. Salt.
Nor will it remove the (Z) thickness from any entities, which could also mess things up if you didn't know they were there.
Reply to
Michael Bulatovich
it will also ignore wire frame surfaces. it is basically crap
Reply to
longshot
A sewing needle makes a crappy screwdriver, but that doesn't mean it's crap. ; }
Reply to
Michael Bulatovich
Very true mate.
Reply to
designer
try using the comman WMFOUT.
then use the command WMFIN to reinsert it into the drawing.
then it should be flat and easy to edit.
Garth.
Reply to
G. Willis
That's an intriguing method. Haven't tried that one.
Reply to
B. W. Salt.