3d parts in 2d drawing

--
Hey All,
I received a drawing from a customer that he laid a 3d (non rendered)

"Z"
if you know very little about 3d, I recommend you simply isolate that layer & trace over it in a new layer then turn the 3d one off.
In the help menu, look up PROJECT & SECTION.
Also, depending upon the complexity of the drawing, you might try tracing w/ an uninterrupted PLINE, as the points you select will be forced into a flat plane.

There is a lisp called flatten.zip that sets the z to zero Do a google search for it. or try Mark Middlebrooks or Afralisp web sites, links from mine at http://www.cadalot.co.uk
Regards
Alan (cadalot)
On Tue, 27 Apr 2004 22:52:41 GMT, "Dave & Miri Atkinson"
HiHo; Search the web for "Flatten.lsp". or www.markcad.com/download/Flatten.lsp

"Z"
Can I add a word to the other suggestions about Flatten.lsp?
If the 3D contains 3D blocks, it will not flatten those. At least, the Flatten.lsp that I have doesn't. Since you mentioned conveyors, I guess that some items like tail rollers and drive rollers might well be blocks. Exploding them (if you can) would help.
& Miri Atkinson) wrote:

Nor will it remove the (Z) thickness from any entities, which could also mess things up if you didn't know they were there.
--

MichaelB
www.michaelbulatovich.com

A sewing needle makes a crappy screwdriver, but that doesn't mean it's crap. ; }
--

MichaelB
www.michaelbulatovich.com

be
try using the comman WMFOUT.
then use the command WMFIN to reinsert it into the drawing.
then it should be flat and easy to edit.
Garth.

That's an intriguing method. Haven't tried that one.