3d parts in 2d drawing

if you know very little about 3d, I recommend you simply isolate that layer & trace over it in a new layer then turn the 3d one off.

Reply to
Longshot
28 Apr 2004 01:39:45 GMT, :

In the help menu, look up PROJECT & SECTION.

Also, depending upon the complexity of the drawing, you might try tracing w/ an uninterrupted PLINE, as the points you select will be forced into a flat plane.

Reply to
kangarc

There is a lisp called flatten.zip that sets the z to zero Do a google search for it. or try Mark Middlebrooks or Afralisp web sites, links from mine at

Regards

Alan (cadalot)

Reply to
Cadalot

HiHo; Search the web for "Flatten.lsp". or

bestafor

Can I add a word to the other suggestions about Flatten.lsp?

If the 3D c>

Reply to
B. W. Salt.

Nor will it remove the (Z) thickness from any entities, which could also mess things up if you didn't know they were there.

Reply to
Michael Bulatovich

it will also ignore wire frame surfaces. it is basically crap

Reply to
longshot

A sewing needle makes a crappy screwdriver, but that doesn't mean it's crap. ; }

Reply to
Michael Bulatovich

Very true mate.

Reply to
designer

try using the comman WMFOUT.

then use the command WMFIN to reinsert it into the drawing.

then it should be flat and easy to edit.

Garth.

Reply to
G. Willis

That's an intriguing method. Haven't tried that one.

Reply to
B. W. Salt.