rotating 2D object in 3D

I have a drawing I did in 2D. I changed the view to SE Iso. Then used the "Change command, properties, thickness" to give it another dimension. The drawing is laying down but I want to rotate it up around the x-axis so that the original Yaxis is now Zaxis. I tried 3d orbit but it's not that clean.

Reply to
R. Banks

What I do is to manipulate the UCS so that the rotation that you want will occur in the XY plane, then use the ROTATE command.

Reply to
Michael Bulatovich

Why not use Rotate3D? It's the simplest way, simply select and rotate around the x-axis.

Align also works well, if you need to plece it somewhere precise.

Reply to
The-Trooper

Reply to
R. Banks

Also, 3Dorbit changes only the way you look at the object, not it's position in coordinate system.

Reply to
The-Trooper