Autocad 2006 need a routine that will...

...globally change the properties of an attribute tag?
I have a room title with 2 tags.
tag: Room name tag: carpet/10' clg
Both are on layer 0 inside the block the block inserts to layer 1-text I would like to change the layer of carpet/10' clg to 1-room on all of them, so that when I want ONLY the room title, I can turn the layer 1-room off.
Thanks for your help.
jojo
Have you tried redefining the block in the drawing? Some things about attributes will change, and others won't....I thought LAYER would....
--

MichaelB
www.michaelbulatovich.ca