AutoCad is not switching to DOS window

In the past whenever I did an "Inquiry" the screen would flash to a DOS window and display whatever information I requested.... for some reason this
is not happening and I'm wondering if it has anything to do with my recent installation of my my new LCD monitor..... how can I get this function back?
It's not a "DOS window"; it's AutoCAD's Text Window. Try F2. ___

this
back?