AutoCAD R12 (Dos)

G`Day all here.
Perhaps somebody can advise me on a solution to my problem. :
I am using AutoCAD r12 Dos. Just recently I replaced the monitor i
this system. Wanting to change the resolution I went int
confiuration and selected a different driver. This prooved to be
bubmer ??. It bombed out leaving me now with no display
What command can I use to get me back to the "configuration" screen s
that I may select the original driver. ( this worked ok but not th
reso I would like
Reply to
Sylvette
you could try and do it blindfolded. with the help of the manual you should be able to figure out the correct command sequence. hth
Reply to
Ben Gun
Starting AutoCad with the command line option 'ACAD -R' opens the configuration menu in text mode.
Reply to
Caveman
Wow. I'm getting a wave of nostalgia... or is that nausea...or a bit of both...
Reply to
Michael Bulatovich
Thanks BenGun and Caveman ... I must have tried every othe command.. I`ll give it a go.. Thank again.
Sylvette. :lol: :lol
Reply to
Sylvette
Now that you mention it, it seems apt that a caveman gives advice on older software. Mind you, Ben Gun lived in a cave as well for how long? 28 years or something?
Reply to
Ben Gun
I would classify R12 not older but "ancient" software.
Reply to
Caveman
I remember clearly that R12 was the first version with dialog boxes (or was that 11?). There was a Dos version and a windows version (the first), same as R13 (last dos version). And the manuals were still A4 size, R13 had these small, fat books . But at least they were books. All we get nowadays is a jiffy bag with a CD...
Reply to
Ben Gun
I just remembered there is an R12 manual functioning as a pedestal under my fax machine!
Reply to
Michael Bulatovich
So you did obviously never suffer from the dreadful RTFM symptom?
Reply to
Caveman