SP 4.2 is out

OK I have been installing it on my administrative image (AI) and this is how it has gone so far Select the AI Window changes to preparing to install with no progress bar I check network activity. averages 15% but jumps between 3% and 25% Processor working at around 40% Keeps this up for 10-15 min with no feedback.

Finally it says Gathering Required Information. (What the heck was it gathering for the last 15 min, information that wasn't required?) Now I have activity feedback and the network activity continues at a slightly higher pace. Sometimes approaching 50% network utilization 30-40% cpu usage.......30 min later oh $#!# Symantec is back on what the heck. Evidently IT set it to be controlled by the network and I can't expect it to satay off Cancel Installation......3min later Service Pack error 1602. I guess I had better start again but this time from a computer I don't need to use. This sucks. I am going from SP3.0 to SP4.2

By the way I must have averaged at least 20mbps durring the "Upgrade" ok

60*60*20=72000Mb and it wasn't done. Wait a minute the SP was only a 25mb download that is 2880 times the amount of data transfered something doesn't make sense.

also FYI when I did an individual install it went rather smoothly 15-20min and 20 or 30 disk flops.

Corey

Reply to
Corey Scheich

Started Over on another computer took 1 hour to update the Image and 12min per seat. AV came on 2 times i am so annoyed by that you don't even know.

Corey

Reply to
Corey Scheich

"Corey Scheich" a écrit dans le message de news: snipped-for-privacy@uni-berlin.de...

Besides, any comment on good/ bad? anyone?

Reply to
Jean Marc BRUN