AutoDesk & Communist China...

Why is AutoDesk providing its software to Communist China?
AutoDesk develops software used to design and draft machine parts for tanks, cannons, missle systems, and nuclear submarines.
Just ordinary everyday industrial military complex 'products' that make for a healthy economy right?
Why are AutoDesk customers not outraged that AutoDesk is providing its software to a Communist nation controlled by military dictators that have clearly stated repeatedly their intentions to attack and destroy America? Why does the US government allow this?
Is the lame argument about new market opportunities sufficient to explain away the fact that AutoDesk is providing declared enemies of the US with software that is being used to build a military industrial complex?
Why did over 50,000 Americans sacrifice their lives in Korea and Viet Nam? Apparently so American corporations like AutoDesk can be 'free' to provide software to our nation's enemies.
--
<%= Clinton Gallagher
Don't be naive. AutoCAD is also used to design thousands of non-military products that you buy every day at the likes of Sears, WalMart and Costco. Try buying *anything* these days that isn't either totally or in large part manufactured in China. ___

Discussing the markets for trinkets has been a convenient distraction for those unable (too stupid) or unwilling (too cowardly) to discuss how American corporations have been assisting the Communist Chinese industrial military complex. Don't know if that shoe fits you but there's nothing niave about the facts.
I suppose it is too late to do or say much of anything now anyway as the damage is done.
--
<%= Clinton Gallagher
"Trinkets"? Come now, Clinton; it's time to face reality. I'm not sure what point you're trying to make, but blaming Autodesk for the state of the world political/economic situation truly *is* naive.

Given their respect for copyright over there, I'm surprised that they've sold a single seat.

They probably have sold just enough to supply the bootleggers.

Why is US providing its weaphon to Indonesia, and other "friendly" nations?

Why? Because the US government has become evil and most of the American people have become moral and ethical cowards.
We are all headed towards a nuclear war and its going to be China and the Soviets that kick America's @ss back into the stone age. The good news is this guy Jesus is going to show up at the last minute so the entire world is not going to be destroyed but most of the time nobody want to hear about that part.
--
<%= Clinton Gallagher
In alt.cad.autocad , clintonG wrote :

ROTFLMAO ROTFLMAO ROTFLMAO ROTFLMAO ROTFLMAO ROTFLMAO

and the Soviets that kick America's @ss back into the stone age>
So a nuclear war only affects the US.
<The good news is this guy Jesus is going to show up at the last minute>
Now that's the dummest crap i've heard since years. Don't now from what hole you came from but please get back in.
1 - nuclear war affects the entire world, radioactivity won't stop at country borders. 2 - if this 'good guy Jesus' is so good, why would he let people make such machinery, and don't come up with 'he doesn't involve with people's buisiness' if that was so than he won't show up at last minute.
Grow a brain before you start this kind of discussions.
Jan
back into the stone age.

As long as we're enjoying this diversion from how to change dwg's into pdf's, I'd like to point out that before the Jesus guy shows up at the last minute, the rapture will have occurred and the 666 guy will have had his run at the planet. As a student of Revelations scripture you know that the only people who need to worry about the time in-between are those who deserve the experience. So what are you worried about?
As for China getting its hands on AutoCAD to draw the machinery that will destroy America...any country that doesn't have people who can draw world-conquering machinery with a T-square and a drafting ruler is also nothing to worry about.
You worry too much. Draw some objects and relax.
Oh jes, just what this thread needs, a little common sense and biblical historic intelligence. :)
Doug T
Screwball McGee wrote:

Have you ever heard of James Lloyd? You might want to tune in to http://www.christianmedianetwork.com/ so we have something to argue about :-)
--
<%= Clinton Gallagher, "Twice the Results -- Half the Cost"
Architectural & e-Business Consulting -- Software Development

nations?
In China, they say that capitalism is not the right thing and they even buy programs from Autodesk, Its a shame....

If Autocad is the best they've got, there's not much to worry about.

CW wrote:

LOL, That was my though too.
On Wed, 21 Jul 2004 14:40:17 GMT, "clintonG"

And why is every one supporting china by buying computers, toys, appliances, etc. made in china. You should be outraged that nearly every store in america carries goods made in china.
-Tim

True - there are stores where you can buy the legitimate version or the dodgy version. They are placed side by side on the shelf. I think the idea is that you get the dodgy version, learn to use it: if you are successful, start depending on it, then it becomes unworkable to depend on something which is suspect and has no support, so you buy the legit version ...

On the other hand ... 1 in 4 people in the world are Chinese. Communist China has a population of about 2,000,000,000? That's a tall order to administer, keep everybody fed, etc. The Chinese have never really made a serious effort to take over the world: I think they deserve some credit for that.
Je Fri, 23 Jul 2004 21:00:55 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@takeout.hotmail.com skribis:

About half that, just over 1 billion (that's a U.S. billion, or a "thousand million" to most of the rest of the world.

That's true. Taking over the world has never been a concern of any Chinese leadership.
--
Steve M - snipped-for-privacy@houston.rrdirt.com (remove dirt for reply)

If I was being executed by injection, I'd clean up my cell real neat.