cad for exhibit design?

Just wondering if you guys think that Autocad would be a good investment for tech drawing relating to museum and exhibition design? We mainly work with
fabricators who demand accurate specs of the items to be made, whether display cabinets, wall panels, cases etc. Our company is about to purchase some sort of software to help us out, but as none of us have much experience with this type of software I thought I'd ask on here. Would autocad be too high tech for us (we'll be going on courses no doubt) or would it suit our needs? Or any other suggestions for software we could use?
Many thanks to any who answer :)
Paul
visit the site of a friend of mine www.3-d-grafik.de He is doing reconstruction of historical buildings and exibition design too. Regards Jochen www.black-cad.de

for
I'd
Loaf wrote:

If you go the AutoCad route, AutoCad LT should be plenty to fill your requirements, at least at first. If you want to do 3D you would need the full AutoCad.
Many thanks, I reckon I'll look into it :)

for
I'd