Can I unfreeze many layers at once?

Hi,
I'm relatively unfamiliar with acad but must work with some fairly large drawings which our customers send us.
I'd often like to explode a drawing which for some reason has been
saved as a single block on a layer.
I'm told I must unfreeze and turn on all layers then explode the block to get all the objects showing on their individual layers.
Can anyone tell me the easy way to do this? Is there a group select function for some/all layers to freeze/unfreeze/ turn on/off etc?
I also often have hundreds of instances of text and a block or crossed lines representing an existing or proposed grade for a site development. These are point elevations, but I have neither a "point" nor an elevation - the block and the text are usually at zero elevation. If I can get these into an exploded form I can use them in Terramodel to do something useful, but I am wondering if I would be better off learning a bit more acad and sorting them out in acad first.
Any comments or suggestions on how to work with these?
Happy Trails To You
-LAYER [note the hyphen] T * enter enter ___

Create a button with this macro. I've also got a turn ON all, unlock all, yada yada yada
Thanks - with a little poking around I opened the Layer Properties Manager - I think I can find everything I need to do for now in there.
On Fri, 23 Sep 2005 19:08:11 -0700, "Paul Turvill"

Happy Trails To You
yes, layer manager is your friend, most of the time.
~squib