Can I unfreeze many layers at once?

Hi,

I'm relatively unfamiliar with acad but must work with some fairly large drawings which our customers send us.

I'd often like to explode a drawing which for some reason has been saved as a single block on a layer.

I'm told I must unfreeze and turn on all layers then explode the block to get all the objects showing on their individual layers.

Can anyone tell me the easy way to do this? Is there a group select function for some/all layers to freeze/unfreeze/ turn on/off etc?

I also often have hundreds of instances of text and a block or crossed lines representing an existing or proposed grade for a site development. These are point elevations, but I have neither a "point" nor an elevation - the block and the text are usually at zero elevation. If I can get these into an exploded form I can use them in Terramodel to do something useful, but I am wondering if I would be better off learning a bit more acad and sorting them out in acad first.

Any comments or suggestions on how to work with these?

Happy Trails To You

Reply to
Happy Trails

-LAYER [note the hyphen] T

  • enter enter ___
Reply to
Paul Turvill

Create a button with this macro. I've also got a turn ON all, unlock all, yada yada yada

Reply to
Roarmeister

Thanks - with a little poking around I opened the Layer Properties Manager - I think I can find everything I need to do for now in there.

Happy Trails To You

Reply to
Happy Trails

yes, layer manager is your friend, most of the time.

~squib

Reply to
squib