copy drawings from multiple layers into one

Hi I have a drawing. some lines belongs to different layers. now I want to copy this entire drawing and paste it into another file. the problem is that I want all the elemmnts to be in one layers and not having multiple layers created whith the pasting operation thanks Mike

Reply to
Mike

Simply paste all as is and then change all to the required layer.

Reply to
Michael Bulatovich

While you can write a LISP routine for this. Basically I'd do the following:

1) Copy you selection to Clipboard (with or without an Insert Point). 2) Paste into you 2nd drawing as an UNexploded Block. 3) Explode LAST (being the block you just inserted) 4) Change Previous (being the exploded entities - this way you don't have to manually select them)... while still in the Change command, select Properties

--> LAyers --> enter your Layer that you want them all to be on.

Regards,

BruceF

Reply to
Mr. B