can I use Autocad to draw Spaceships?

Hello...
My husband is writing a science fiction novel, and he knows I've been wanting to take a series of Autocad classes at the local college.
Intro to Autocad (Level 1) starts in 2 weeks. They then move on to intermediate and finally advanced, where they deal with 3D modelling and rendering.
Each class is 4 hours long, and each Level lasts 9 weeks.
My question is this:
Assumming I do all the course work, home work, etc., would I be able to draw the curves and unusual 'exterior walls' that are the norm for a science fiction spaceship?
If I modelled it properly from the ground up, would I be able to provide details inside? Furniture, etc?
Thanks very much and I appreciate everyone that replies.
lucyh at dhimaging dot com dot au
While about anything is possible, you will have a rather difficult time with the shapes and compound curves of the type thing that you are talking about. AutoCAD is pretty low on the list of solid modelers. You would be much better off with something like Turbocad, Rhino, ect.

draw
fiction
In alt.cad.autocad , Lucy wrote :

<snip>
In the mean time, maybe try and experiment with Sketchup by @last, they have a demo and good tutorial vids on the site.
thanks Ron...
-Lucy
they

HiHo; Go to www.mcneel.com and checkout Rhino and Flamingo. Both have a student price and while your there look at some of the drawings and renderings done in rhino with flamingo. The class in AutoCAd will help you understand some of CAD basics and rhino is a easy 3d program.

draw
fiction
Thanks for the reply, and the links!
I have bookmarked the site, and am downloading the demos as we speak.
Will let you know how I get on...
-Lucy

Yeah. It's kind of like hitting yourself in the head with a hammer. It feels so good when you stop.
other programs

Lucy
Check out the Star Trek spaceships available at most AutoCAD Sharware and block resources.
Alan http://www.cadalot.co.uk