Congrats to Autodeask

In today's tough economic times, it is so nice to sigh a breath of relief.
Having grown all the way to AutoCAD 2004 (since V14), I have read on and did
bite into an upgrade to Inventor for $1395.
Many of us know the limitations that programs such AutoCAD have when it come
to design, especially in 3d modelling. The other day, I had recieved a call
from someone at Autodesk, and I basically lit into her, citing issues that I
as an end-user had with any further investment (on my part) into the
products they provide. For me, investing into subscription programs, etc.,
must be measured against two main factors - the upgrade represents a real
advancement and must at the end of the day, make some money for me. Well,
this upgrasde represents the best offer o have recieved from them since I
can remember. I am still not any money, but I do have think about the future
of CAD and what I am able to accomplish those products. I call my shots as I
see 'em, howeever for the first time in a long time I do take the
opportunity to say, thank you Autodesk, for the opportunity to grow. Someone
is listening and thats a great thing.
Regards
Mike Waugh
Reply to
Michael Waugh
Who needs AutoCAD:
: Bitch, bitch, bitch. If you have a Autodesk (fish) bone stuck in you throat : then get off of the boat. : : Where I come from there is no law requiring the exclusive use of AutoCAD. : Heck, it is even legal to use Intellicad at a purchase price of several : thousand USD below the cost of ACAD2K4. I have heard rumors that some brazen : renegades around here are drawing with Turbocad -- can you imagine that! But : the strangest of all is how many people I work with are pleased to be able : to make a reasonable living using the cursed demon AutoCAD. : :
: >
: > > In today's tough economic times, it is so nice to sigh a breath of : relief. : > > Having grown all the way to AutoCAD 2004 (since V14), I have read on and : > did : > > bite into an upgrade to Inventor for $1395. : > > : > > Many of us know the limitations that programs such AutoCAD have when it : > come : > > to design, especially in 3d modelling. The other day, I had recieved a : > call : > > from someone at Autodesk, and I basically lit into her, citing issues : that : > I : > > as an end-user had with any further investment (on my part) into the : > > products they provide. For me, investing into subscription programs, : etc., : > > must be measured against two main factors - the upgrade represents a : real : > > advancement and must at the end of the day, make some money for me. : Well, : > > this upgrasde represents the best offer o have recieved from them since : I : > > can remember. I am still not any money, but I do have think about the : > future : > > of CAD and what I am able to accomplish those products. I call my shots : as : > I : > > see 'em, howeever for the first time in a long time I do take the : > > opportunity to say, thank you Autodesk, for the opportunity to grow. : > Someone : > > is listening and thats a great thing. : > > : > > Regards : > > : > > Mike Waugh : > > : > > : > : > A good fisherman catches fish, but it takes a GREAT fisherman that can : have : > the fish still happy after they've swallowed the hook, line and sinker. : > : > ;- > : > : > : :
I got a copy of SolidEdge Layout V12 for free from EDS. For 2D stuff its quite adequate although I'm still learning the menu paths, just started with it. It doesn't quite seem to have the same functionality as AutoCAD 2002 which I also use but who cares to much if it is free.
Reply to
TheWizard
Apparently you do. Otherwise, why do you subscribe to this AutoCAD newsgroup?
Reply to
Richard A
I call my shots as I
huh?
Someone
for some reason, seems like a troll
Reply to
dacc
RichardA
Because one happens to be a baboon, does on really have to jump up on table, and show the whole world that in fact, he is a baboon? That fact that you refer to my earlier thread as "bitching", is furthermore.. a display of your own ignorance and exceeded by your arrogance. Besides that, fact is, you are rude. By the way, I have TurboCAD, so tell me you're letting me know some thing new.
As it happens, I like Autodesk products, and while I certainly admit I have critisms of the products, they are based on my experience with them and I have invested my OWN hard earned dollars into them as well. It is those same critisms that do one day reach the ears of those whole develop them. they're a lot brighter than you and I, if leads to better products and eliminate some of the (tntc) limitations that I, for one have encountered, then better for you and I. Maybe your planet smells like paradise, but my planet is probably typical of what much of the CAD world is going through.
Finally, should you have misdunderstood my earlier (admitedly a rather poorly written) thread, be advised that it was a measure of my excitement at finally taking the plunge into Inventor and the benefits it offers, a good deal that necessary in order to do so, and to get away from some of the redundant forms of design that are entrenched in the use of AutoCAD.
Mike W
Reply to
Michael Waugh