cut-away view

I am interested in creating a "cut-away" view of a building - as if the building had been sliced perfectly down the middle. One for the East Side another for the West. I have basically accomplished this with excel but I'd like to make the appearance more sophisticated. I'd like to put in a cut-away 3-d views of certain floors, etc. I know almost nothing about autocad but am willing to teach myself if I will be able to accomplish this. Any advice would be appreciated.

Reply to
Condo

I'd recommend sticking with Excel.

Reply to
Shaun Van Poecke

I was going to say that, and to use different cell border widths.

Reply to
Michael Bulatovich

I've seen some pretty convincing cityscapes done using the 3D bar graph options.

Reply to
Shaun Van Poecke

Hey, don't knock it till you've tried it :-)

Reply to
strawberry

Excel can draw , Hum........ interresting If it can draw then... why did i spend so many dollars purchasing the license.

I have to see the drawing that came out of the ms office program.

Draw with it his pass my knowledge then because i use it for other puposes.

Please show me the output and comments.

Regards

Thicker cells border line cute............

Reply to
Robert

knock knock show me 3d cad exported from ms office i will then be convinced and ask for a refund on the cad licence from Autodesk

Reply to
Robert

Download free Google SketchUp. Invest about an hour in the tutorial... You'll be amazed.

Reply to
Lee St. Louis

Thank-you for recomending Google SKetchUp; it's exactly what I needed.

Reply to
Condo