cut-away view

I am interested in creating a "cut-away" view of a building - as if the building had been sliced perfectly down the middle. One for the
East Side another for the West. I have basically accomplished this with excel but I'd like to make the appearance more sophisticated. I'd like to put in a cut-away 3-d views of certain floors, etc. I know almost nothing about autocad but am willing to teach myself if I will be able to accomplish this. Any advice would be appreciated.
I'd recommend sticking with Excel.

I was going to say that, and to use different cell border widths.

I've seen some pretty convincing cityscapes done using the 3D bar graph options.

Hey, don't knock it till you've tried it :-)
knock knock show me 3d cad exported from ms office i will then be convinced and ask for a refund on the cad licence from Autodesk
gishhhhhhhhh

Excel can draw , Hum........ interresting If it can draw then... why did i spend so many dollars purchasing the license.
I have to see the drawing that came out of the ms office program.
Draw with it his pass my knowledge then because i use it for other puposes.
Please show me the output and comments.
Regards
Thicker cells border line cute............

Download free Google SketchUp. Invest about an hour in the tutorial... You'll be amazed.

Thank-you for recomending Google SKetchUp; it's exactly what I needed.