Email drawings to non savvy PC user?

Looking for a way to email prints who is not computer
savvy.
Want him to be able to one and view them and comment on
them without needing AutoCAD or any software on his end
Prefer something that not only emails the print but
emails the viewer as well
I am using AutoCAD 2005
Reply to
me
I would suggest Acrobat - you may need to buy it to plot your files to a PDF format. Your client can download an acrobat reader to view the files you send.
Good Luck
Matt
Reply to
forsyth5
Use PDF format. Most computers have Acrobat Reader on them or you can send a link to Adobe's web site. There are other PDF reader/viewers available. Look over past posts to this newsgroup.
Reply to
Bob Morrison
I would send a PDF, the viewer is free and most likely already installed on their computer. There are several Free pdf writers available for download.
Reply to
Chip Harper
Publish to DWF, include a link to the download page for the DWF viewer.
Reply to
l94
l94 wrote in news:6%Dye.2503$vT3.1409 @newssvr30.news.prodigy.com:
I support the PDF solution as well - that 4 for PDF 1 for DWF.
Reply to
Troppo
I never said I supported DWF over PDF. Just recommending another alternative. Also, the OP requested the ability to "comment on" (meaning redline/markup?) the output file. This is possible with the correct DWF software. Can this be done efficiently with Acrobat Reader?
Reply to
l94
l94 wrote in news:n5Qye.1302$Ae.609 @newssvr12.news.prodigy.com:
Fair enough - no redlining or markup in PDF - best you can get is a reasonably accurate scale print. Another possibility might be A9CAD:
level free 2D CAD program, Also a converter,2004/2002/2000 and earlier (eg ACAD 1018, 1015).
Reply to
Troppo
plot to a jpeg. then he/she can comment on it in paint
Reply to
hufdaddy
I downloaded Cute PDF. Just do a Google search. It writes the files to a PDF format and they are easily e-mailed. Most computers come with a PDF viewer but, if not, they are easily downloaded. I do architectural design so someone can see in detail a page which will later be printed at 1/4" = 1'0" scale. They'll have to view it piece by piece if they want close up detail but all my clients are commenting on how easy this is for them.
Reply to
Karen
Ok Karen thanks
My question ( I suppose) is what format is this best done in. Use PDF or something else
Seems like everyone agrees that PDF is still a better bet than using DWF, etc.
So....I guess I will stick with PDF
I might however give acroplot a try to create the PDFs with
Reply to
me