Email drawings to non savvy PC user?

Looking for a way to email prints who is not computer savvy.
Want him to be able to one and view them and comment on them without needing AutoCAD or any software on his end
Prefer something that not only emails the print but emails the viewer as well
I am using AutoCAD 2005
I would suggest Acrobat - you may need to buy it to plot your files to a PDF format. Your client can download an acrobat reader to view the files you send.
Good Luck
Matt
In a previous post says...

Use PDF format. Most computers have Acrobat Reader on them or you can send a link to Adobe's web site. There are other PDF reader/viewers available. Look over past posts to this newsgroup.
--
Bob Morrison, PE, SE
R L Morrison Engineering Co

Chip Harper

http://home.comcast.net/~hot4cad /
On 7/5/2005 2:10 PM snipped-for-privacy@privacy.net wrote:

Publish to DWF, include a link to the download page for the DWF viewer.

I support the PDF solution as well - that 4 for PDF 1 for DWF.
On 7/6/2005 5:20 AM Troppo wrote:

I never said I supported DWF over PDF. Just recommending another alternative. Also, the OP requested the ability to "comment on" (meaning redline/markup?) the output file. This is possible with the correct DWF software. Can this be done efficiently with Acrobat Reader?

Fair enough - no redlining or markup in PDF - best you can get is a reasonably accurate scale print. Another possibility might be A9CAD: http://www.a9tech.com / Entry level free 2D CAD program, Also a converter,2004/2002/2000 and earlier (eg ACAD 1018, 1015).
plot to a jpeg. then he/she can comment on it in paint
I downloaded Cute PDF. Just do a Google search. It writes the files to a PDF format and they are easily e-mailed. Most computers come with a PDF viewer but, if not, they are easily downloaded. I do architectural design so someone can see in detail a page which will later be printed at 1/4" 1'0" scale. They'll have to view it piece by piece if they want close up detail but all my clients are commenting on how easy this is for them.

Ok Karen thanks
My question ( I suppose) is what format is this best done in. Use PDF or something else
Seems like everyone agrees that PDF is still a better bet than using DWF, etc.
So....I guess I will stick with PDF
I might however give acroplot a try to create the PDFs with