Solidworks Viewer & E-drawings

I'm looking to install the Solidworks Viewer on a few Engineers machines so that they may easily view CAD models. I've never used it and was wondering if the viewer will enable them to create e-drawings from models and drawings they pull up? This seems like it would prove useful as that I would not have to keep creating these e-drawings for them to send to there vendors. We also have PDM/Works that I'm considering installing on their machines and this will make it alot easier for them to get what they need without going through me.

Larry JEdik

Reply to
Larry Jedik

SW viewer cannot create Edrawings

Only SW can create Edrawings.

Hence that is why its called SW Viewer because its only a viewer.

Regards,

Reply to
Scott

you may want to skip viewer and use e-drawings. e-drawings can now open any sw doc.

Reply to
kenneth b