e drawings 2004

How do I create an e drawing that will allow measurement of sketch elements and points in space. We create geometry 3d models of our assemblies which consist of datum planes, surfaces, 3d points and vectors, but, exporting as iges only captures the surfaces and e drawings does not allow measurements to any of the other features although they are captured in the e drawing. We are trying to get geometry data to the FEM guys to get them going, they cannot wait for solids to be created and we dont want to spend many hours solid modelling and get it wrong.

Reply to
Phil Evans

I believe that requires that either you, or your fem guys have e-drawings professional ( if either have SWoffice you should ). Then when creating the e-drawing, you need to select the checkbox allowing the use of the measurement tool. By default, its not checked.

Reply to
Brian

If you do the sketch in a blank drawing I think you can export that to an eDrawing.

Reply to
TOP

We do have the pro version and the measuring tool is active, but, when measuring you cannot select a sketch point in space, it must be a point on a feature, ie a surface or solid.

Reply to
Phil Evans