DATE STAMP BLOCK

I need to make a date stamp block. I dont want to use the date stamp in autocad I want a block that will update the date whenever I open the dwg. I want it to read "2005 July 5th" and and change by month and day. Is this possible?

Thanks

Reply to
fujka

You will have to modify this for your needs if you know Visual Basics.

Sub Example_AddText()

Dim textObj As AcadText Dim textString As String Dim insertionPoint(0 To 2) As Double Dim height As Double

' Define the text object textString = Date insertionPoint(0) = 8.7208: insertionPoint(1) = 0.4937: insertionPoint(2) = 0 height = 0.056

' Create the text object in paper space Set textObj = ThisDrawing.PaperSpace.AddText(textString, insertionPoint, height) End Sub

Reply to
keithknow

Reply to
fujka

If you are using the current or previous version of AutoCAD, just use a FIELD.

Reply to
l94

Reply to
fujka

AutoCAD 2005/6 includes a new FIELD entity. See:

R.K. McSwain

you may be able to use Rtex See belo

$(edtime, 0,DD MON","YY-HH:MMam/pm

Reply to