DATE STAMP BLOCK

I need to make a date stamp block. I dont want to use the date stamp in autocad I want a block that will update the date whenever I open the
dwg. I want it to read "2005 July 5th" and and change by month and day. Is this possible?
Thanks
You will have to modify this for your needs if you know Visual Basics.
Sub Example_AddText()
Dim textObj As AcadText Dim textString As String Dim insertionPoint(0 To 2) As Double Dim height As Double
' Define the text object textString = Date insertionPoint(0) = 8.7208: insertionPoint(1) = 0.4937: insertionPoint(2) = 0 height = 0.056
' Create the text object in paper space Set textObj = ThisDrawing.PaperSpace.AddText(textString, insertionPoint, height) End Sub
Nope sure dont know VB ... any other ideas? I guess I can try and figure it out
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

On 7/5/2005 10:52 AM fujka wrote:

If you are using the current or previous version of AutoCAD, just use a FIELD.
Care to be a little more decriptive?
l94 wrote:

On 7/6/2005 1:53 PM fujka wrote:

AutoCAD 2005/6 includes a new FIELD entity. See: http://aec.cadalyst.com/aec/article/articleDetail.jsp?id 6780