Free 3D CAD at www.x-cad.net

Check this out.
is giving away free 3D parametric CAD if enough people
register by August 1.
-Sun
Reply to
GM
It's crap. You're spamming. You're spamming about crap.
Reply to
Michael (LS)
It looks to be a true offer from what some CAD e-mags have been saying. Just a marketing ploy........
And it's on subject as it CAD so why call it spam?
Cadalot
Reply to
Cadalot
Because it's not AutoCAD and any good Autodroid knows that if it's not AutoCAD, he should denigrate it and pray to the Autodesk gods for guidance.
Reply to
CW
Because the OP neglected to mention their affiliation with the site.
Reply to
Michael (LS)
There is only one God.
uNkulunkulu uMvelinqangi Mina bona wena mina bona lo mombi yena lo shatini Skat lo Boss yena fika, nika yena iwhisky
Reply to
uNkulunkulu
What does OP actually mean?
I guess it means the person who posted the message in some way.
If this person has no affiliation with the company and stated that in his post then would you consider that his post was not spam?
It could also be taken by your reply that if he had said that in someway he is associated with the company in his message, then in your eyes, that would not had made his message spam?
Is not Spam the same a junk mail? Off subject - and not wanted?
I have visted the site, read the Blogs and have registered for a free copy! It's CAD related and of interest to me. I would not call it spam.....
( for the record I have no affiliation with the X-CAD people whome ever they are )
Reply to
Cadalot
Me too
Reply to
uNkulunkulu
OP: Original Poster.
Reply to
CW
That's certainly a Netiquette/discussion group rule transgression that is common in spam messages, but that doesn't make it spam.
Original Poster, person who wrote the first message in a thread. Or if used in a slightly different context referring to a written message, OP is Original Post, the first message in a thread.
Dare I admit to have also registered, in response to a similar post on another CAD group (I gave an email address which spammers already have). But he's right, it's spam. The OP sees Usenet as a write-only medium for his own advertising purposes (doesn't matter than he's not asking for money, a political or religious message to a.c.a would also be spam), rather than the discussion medium that most newsgroups (such as this one) are. A total of six messages have been posted using that email address, ALL of them promoting that website and the free CAD program giveaway:
snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com&start=0&num=10&hl=en&lr=&as_drrb=q&as_mind=12&as_minm=5&as_miny=1981&as_maxd=5&as_maxm=7&as_maxy=2005&safe=images&filter=0
or if the above link breaks:
Me neither.
-----