transparent hatch in autocad?

Is there a wy to draw a transparent hatch pattern in Autocad? For example, I have a raster background over which there's a cad drawing
with solid hatches. I would like for those solid hatches to be transparent, so the raster background could be seen.
Not with SOLID. You could, however, use DOTS spaced closely enough so that the pattern appears "transparent." ___

I should clairify my previous post: you can't use a SOLID hatch over a raster image as you suggest. You *can* however get a solid hatch to appear "transparent" over AutoCAD linework by placing it *behind* the linework, and using a color that can be screened at plot time. ___

You could also try a hatch with "whitespace" in it (virtually any other hatch at an appropriate scale). You'll see the raster, and the hatch, but the hatch will not be "solid".
--

MichaelB
www.michaelbulatovich.ca