Transparent Solid Fill

I am using AutoCad 2002 and want to do a solid fill hatch that is transparent or in the background. I have seen it done in 2002 and the chap
who did it told me he was using Color 41 and "DR Type B", I don't know if the "DR Type B" is a command or part of a setup instruction. If anyone can help me do a transparent solid fill I would be most grateful.
Many thanks in advance for any help.
Alan
--
This email along with any attachments is confidential and may be subject to
legal privilege. If it is not intended for you please reply immediately,