Moving into the 3D space

Hi, everyone!
I'm learning to use 3D modellating in AutoCAD 2002, and would like to move
inside a 3D house.
Is there any command for walking inside the model, passing through the walls
(something like track or dooly tool present in other software packages, like
I tried the command for setting the distance of the camera but, if I have a
wall in front of me, the visual keeps beeing obstructed by is (just like as
I were using the zoom tool, except for the perspective change).
Is here any way for doing what I need?
Thanx in advance.
Reply to
Marco Iannaccone
Loading thread data ...
yes, don't use a 2D cad.. *scnr*
check SketchUp:
formatting link

only 475U$ and hassle free... not to say fun in doing this.
Reply to
Norbert Grund
Thanx, but I asked for AutoCAD: Can't AutoCAD do that? I (well, actually not me but a friend) am using AutoCAD, and would like to know wheter this is possible or not.
Reply to
Marco Iannaccone
To answer your question, there is no dolly or fly-through capability in acad. You can however introduce a clipping plane in a 3d view which will ignore anything in front of or behind your plane(s). You do it from the DVIEW command, or from toolbars/menus in newer versions.
Look it up in the help.
Reply to
Michael Bulatovich
Thanx a lot! :-)
I suspected this was the only way, but.... now I jave a confirmation! :-P
Reply to
Marco Iannaccone

PolyTech Forum website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.