Help with GROUP in ACAD2002

I am new to full Autocad (2002) having used 2002LT previously with LTXpress Tools and LTExtender for lisp. (The combination worked but was very unstable, crashing ACLT several times a day.)

With that setup, the GROUP and UNGROUP commands (buttons) worked very simply, easily grouping and ungrouping any objects selected.

In full 2002 the GROUP cammond works fine, but UNGROUP yields "Unknown command". HELP says groups can be ungrouped but does not say how. The only way I have been able to ungroup items is using Explode, which explodes every object including polylines and hatches... not good.

What am I missing? Do I need a lisp routine for it, and what would it be?

Thanks, Joe

Reply to
Joe

"Ungroup" grouped objects using the group command. In the dialog, select the group name and click explode. Only the group will be exploded; polylines, blocks, etc that were in the group remain intact. You can also toggle group selection on and off by pressing CTRL + H.

Reply to
Peter Ruehle

Peter, I was away from the office for several days, hence my delay in replying.

Thank you. Joe

Reply to
Joe

Hey Joe, no problem. Hope all is well.