Hello from spain, trouble

I have the 2005 version and I want to make an arm of a fan.... I've tried to extrude a square along a curve but, the obtained object is not what I want.
Any way to do or website where it is explained??
Many thanks from spain
Draw both two end circles separated by the total lenght neededd from end point to end point then one straight lines from quadrant to quadrant then use trim easylike as it sound to achieve the end result.
gish regards

want.
newbie

want.
Why fly to Australia to go the next corner in Madrid when you already in Madrid.
Omg where did you learn the basics
lol

want.