PDF writer for AutoCAD that works

Using PDF995 now. It prints the file cut off or complete but rotated on end
no matter what I do. I can use PDFedit or just rotate the file in the PDF
reader, but that is extra effort that I can't sell to the cad group. Having
the drawings turned on end for the client to rotate is not a good
presentation of drawings. We used to use the Writer from Acrobat 4, but it
does not render some custom letterhead from Word correctly. PDF995 does.
Any advice on a PDF writer that is easy to plot with and works fine with
other apps? (please don't say DWF! Some of our clients demand PDF).
Thanks, -S
Reply to
SimonLW
Very easy to use, free, nagless screens : CutePDF. Google it
Dr Fleau
"SimonLW" a écrit dans le message de news:436a6b53$1 snipped-for-privacy@newsfeed.slurp.net...
Reply to
Dr Fleau
Try CutePDF Writer. Seems to work well.
A search will find it.
Reply to
Brian Salt
You sure you have the paper size set to landscape in the printer dialogue box? In ohter words (assuming you're using letter size), it should be 11 x8.5, not 8.5x11.
Marc
Reply to
Marc Clamage
I've tried 'em all. Portrait, Landscape and Rotated landscape. I've tried making custom page sizes with the width longer than the height, such as 36 x 24". PDF995 requires extra mouse clicks to set it up anyhow, It just does not interoperate with AutoCAD very well. I think it is time to move on to something else. I'll look at CutePDF writer as the other have suggested. -S
Reply to
SimonLW
snipped-for-privacy@NScix.co.uk (Brian Salt) wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@briansalt.compulink.co.uk:
Another suggestion, not free but doesn't cost much... FinePrint PDF Factory.
I have been using this for years, particularly for PDFs of AutoCAD drawings, with no complications. It doesn't get indigestion with very large drawings.
Reply to
Troppo
pdfcreator works great for me
Reply to