Drawings on the internet?

What is the best method to include SW drawings on a website?

Saving as a *.jpg file looks bad. edrawings *.htm files requires software to be installed.

Can I publish these drawings with reasonable clarity without forcing my customers to download additional software?

Reply to
happy

PDF

Reply to
Corey Scheich

I love the free eDrawings, I've been forcing internal and external parties to download and install, works better than Autodesk's Voloview, so they can use for multiple functions and projects, not just yours.

Here's a link for all to paste into their emails for others to download.

You could also download once and make available on your network for internal parties.

Keith

PS Else PDF works, but is just a WYSIWUG of your plot or printout, and then they still are required to download the free viewer.

Reply to
Keith Streich

You can always use the .exe versions of eDrawings. Although larger than the other eDrawings file types, they don't require the user/customer to download anything.

Otherwise, pdf works great for drawings, but does require the user/customer to have Acrobat or Acrobat Reader. Although many people have one of these installed already, technically a download is required.

Reply to
John Eric Voltin

Happy,

If you don't want them to download software to view them, you could save as .tiff and get great results with a small file size. Most Windows based PC'c has built in viewers that will open .tiff files. Just make sure you use the settings below to get good results:

Image Type - Black & White Compression - Group 4 Fax Print Capture DPI - 600 (Minimum. This is usually good enough. But if you require higher, your files will get larger) Paper size - equals drawing size "Scale to fit" or "Scale 100%" (Use whatever you usually use for hardcopies. If you have problems with clipping on hardcopies, use Scale to fit)

Reply to
Seth Renigar

made a survey of various vector file formats on

SVG is the best to show your drawings on web pages directly DWF from Autodesk makes the smallest files PDF is the most well known

Reply to
Philippe Guglielmetti

made a survey of vector file formats on

is the most well known DWF (Autodesk) makes the smallest files without quality loss SVG lets you display the drawings directly on web pages

Reply to
Philippe Guglielmetti

Recently I have problems to view your site. My mozilla (1.6) crash whem I open this page. It is after the recent updates from windows and svg viewer from adobe. Don't know which one is responsable and haven't tried it on Linux system.

Johnny

Reply to
Johnny Geling

"Johnny Geling" wrote

Thanks for the report Johnny. I just installed Mozilla 1.6 and tested : no crash here, no error but I can't get the SVG to be displayed although the plugin is installed... I'll have a closer look at this.

Reply to
Philippe Guglielmetti

Maybe it is something with the svg plugin

Reply to
Johnny Geling

At least Mozilla on Mine Linux box doesn't crash. Now I have to find a plugin for the svg file. Of course I can download the file and view it in a stand alone application. But sodipodi doesn't work. Have to do futher research

Johnny

Reply to
Johnny Geling

I can open it with the plugin from adobe (the one for Linux) and also with Inkscape. Sodipodi is not able to open it. Only after I saved the head.svg with Inkscape.

Johnny

Reply to
Johnny Geling