How do you spell draftsman?

True. That's why we call it "daftsman".

I prefer "one of the minor pantheon of CADD gods." (not that I've EVER been refered to that way, myself, of course.) Hehe
Black Knight wrote:

"draftsperson" -- slightly more PC for the lady folk out there
"Drafter" avoids the gender issue altogether. ___

> "Drafter" avoids the gender issue altogether.

Political correctness is crap. Draftsman.

the
I prefer "draftbitch" or draftbroad" for the women. :o)
--
be cool

Longshot
How often do you get slapped with a keyboard? :)

almost daily, how'd you guess? :o)
Longshot wrote:

I thought you were going to say you've actually ate a few.
I admire your courage.........I had to give mine up when I got married.

Perhaps - but the job search engines all use that term.
Bullshit in big piles is still bullshit.

CW wrote:

Or, as the uncle from Pure Country would say, "Funny thing about that little white speck on top of chicken shit.......it's chicken shit, too." ;)
Good one. :)

;)

This is a Good one Thanks fer sharin'
On Tue, 30 Dec 2003 08:52:51 -0800, in alt.cad.autocad,"CW"
Mark this date in your journals; I tend to agree with "CW".
I remember back to the daze when this first came up. Some bright and sharp whimmen working in the field and it seemed to some that the "men" in "draftsmen" didn't do them justice.
I looked in the dictionary (I *have* one -- I just seldome use it) and it defined it as "One who drafts". Very simple and doesn't reflect gender at all.
-- "Who we are and who we become depends, in part, on whom we love." -- "A General Theory Of Love" Thanks, Mom ______________________________________________________________ Glen Appleby snipped-for-privacy@armory.com <HTTP://www.armory.com/~glena/
Glen Appleby wrote:

Yeah, but why use one word when two assures that no thin skinned whiner will be offended. ;)
Because most of these people live to be offended. I'm just keeping them happy.

Besides, there's a 'man' in every 'woman' ... right? ___

Paul Turvill wrote:

OUCH! Be careful with that one, Paul. ;)