How do you spell draftsman?

True. That's why we call it "daftsman".

Reply to
CW

On the off chance that some male draftsman might get laid?

-- "Who we are and who we become depends, in part, on whom we love."

-- "A General Theory Of Love" Thanks, Mom ______________________________________________________________ Glen Appleby snipped-for-privacy@armory.com

Reply to
Glen Appleby

Only if the man is nice to the woman and buys her flowers or jewlery.

oops, I think that I just got myself in trouble (not getting laid, tonight) again.

-- "Who we are and who we become depends, in part, on whom we love."

-- "A General Theory Of Love" Thanks, Mom ______________________________________________________________ Glen Appleby snipped-for-privacy@armory.com

Reply to
Glen Appleby

This thread makes me think of an old story about the PC-dogooder-feminist who joined a large corporation and immediately installed a routine in their word processing applications to automatically change every instance of 'man' to 'person' and every 'men' to 'persons' -- with the intent of handling all of the instances of 'draftsman', 'chairman', 'spokesman' etc. All went fine until 'men and women' came up 'persons and wopersons' ... ___

Reply to
Paul Turvill

Oh ... and 'personager' and 'personagement' ... ___

Reply to
Paul Turvill

Would that mean "menial" work would become "personial" work? Damn, crappy work and you get yelled at for doing it on company time!

Michael (LS)

Reply to
Michael (LS)

Actually it would be "personsial" ... since "men" is plural. ___

Reply to
Paul Turvill

Back to the topic of the original thread: the credit roll for the new lord of the rings movie lists a group of "draughtspersons". Hope no-one has posted this bit of trivia already.

8>/ David W
Reply to
David W