How do you spell draftsman?

On Mon, 5 Jan 2004 08:31:25 -0800, in alt.cad.autocad,"Paul

This thread makes me think of an old story about the PC-dogooder-feminist who joined a large corporation and immediately installed a routine in their word processing applications to automatically change every instance of 'man' to 'person' and every 'men' to 'persons' -- with the intent of handling all of the instances of 'draftsman', 'chairman', 'spokesman' etc. All went fine until 'men and women' came up 'persons and wopersons' ... ___

Oh ... and 'personager' and 'personagement' ... ___

Would that mean "menial" work would become "personial" work? Damn, crappy work and you get yelled at for doing it on company time!
Michael (LS)
Actually it would be "personsial" ... since "men" is plural. ___

Back to the topic of the original thread: the credit roll for the new lord of the rings movie lists a group of "draughtspersons". Hope no-one has posted this bit of trivia already.
8>/ David W

crappy
And just imagine how good they'd be if they spent their time advancing their own knowledge/skills instead of worrying about what title was attached to their name.
CW wrote:

On Mon, 05 Jan 2004 14:13:56 GMT, in alt.cad.autocad,TomD

On the off chance that some male draftsman might get laid?
-- "Who we are and who we become depends, in part, on whom we love." -- "A General Theory Of Love" Thanks, Mom ______________________________________________________________ Glen Appleby snipped-for-privacy@armory.com <HTTP://www.armory.com/~glena/