how much for an older Autocad license 14, 12...?

C. G. Haley wrote:

1. That happened quite a while ago. You may consider that Autodesk has meanwhile changed their policy of honouring licence transfers from end user to end user.
2. Where did I write that licence transfers from end user to end user were illegal as such? I wrote explicitly that they are illegal without Autodesk's consent.
Kind regards, Olaf
Use "reply to" address for e-mail, please.
oh look, a can of worms! ..... *trying* really hard not to step in it......... ;-)
Oh no....here we go again! :-)
wrote...

Hey, thank you guys for the answers ! ! ! But don't fight for me please . I called today Autodesk in Paris France and this is what they told me :
Autodesk don't salle older versions of AutoCAD !
If you want to buy an license from some else ( particular , friend, etc.) you must have the permission of Autodesk.
I asked if it's easy to haven't, and the answer is That only 10% of the demands are approved ! ! !..
So , I'm in big s. ! I just need an cheap license in order to modelise in 3D. I don't no what to do ? The Architectural Desktop of Autodesk is 6400 ? ! ! !
Have you looked at Intellicad as a possible choice for you? Try
alt.cad.intellicad

See if IntelliCAD might give what you require. try: www.bricscad.com It is an AutoCAD clone, originally based an AutoCAD R14.
Hi group, hi Alex,

I had the same idea. I observed some ebay auctions and found some quite acceptable items. So my hint is: try ebay, look for a R14 version.
Do you have ebay in France? Otherwise, German sellers often send europeanwide.
So far, Roland R.
Roland Rickborn wrote:

The problem is not to get a CD-ROM with the software. The problem is to obtain a valid licence for commercial use. Using pirate copies - and without acknowledgement from Autodesk a transfer of licences from end user to end user is void, thus the end user who purchased a licence from another end user is considered a software pirat - could come much dearer than purchasing an official licence for Autocad 2002 or 2004. You might - after risking long and costly legal proceedings with a most unpredictable court decision - be allowed to obtain a licence from another end user. But by the time you finally pushed it home, even Autocad 2004 will have been obsolete for a couple of years.
Kind regards, Olaf
Use "reply to" address for e-mail, please.
If you need the software for 3D work I suggest you buy AutoCAD LT plus 3D tools from drcauto.
Alternatively you could try to obtain a dongled copy of AutoCAD from someone who never got around to upgrading it. You would be in a grey area as to legality as the licence could not be legally transferred to you. But if you have the software and the hardware lock it is not "pirate", and as you can't upgrade it nor get support Autodesk would be unlikely to take any notice of you. If you take this route the price you pay should be in the ten of Euros.. As the old software has no real resale value.