Line color keeps changing

I'm using AutoCad 2006 and use color dependent plotting. I draw in the 0 layer, which is white (bylayer), then change the
layer colors later. About half the time the line drawn stays white (bylayer) but the other half of the time the color changes to red, but still remains in the 0 layer... the properties switch from bylayer to red. When I regen, it remains red, stretch it and it becomes white again!
It's driving me crazy, anyone know why this is happening or how to fix it? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Dave
It would help if you describe how you do it, as there are many ways, not just that you do it.
--

MichaelB
www.michaelbulatovich.ca