Lisp Help--civil 2008

I am looking for a lisp that will label the deviation/delta of the northing and eastings between two points and include the point # of the first point picked. I need this for doing pile deviations. I will have proposed location of pile #1 then I asbuilt the location of the pile after it is driven and name it asb1. I want to pick asb1 then proposed 1 and have it label:

asb1 N 0.10 (NORTH DEVIATION) E 0.33 (EAST DEVIATION)

I am new to Autocad. I used Terramodel and there was a command that would do this

Thanks for any help or direction.

Reply to
pquappe

That's a fairly elaborate chunk of custom programming. Are you willing to pay for it, write it yourself, or do you hope to find one for free?

Reply to
Michael Bulatovich

I am willing to pay for it. I am hoping that it might exist already, but I am willing to pay either way. Do you do custom programming or can you suggest someplace. Thank you for your help

Reply to
pquappe

I do 'kludge': quick and dirty applications to improve my own productivity. (Check my lisp page on my site.) As soon as I have something that does the job, I stop working on it, and I share the code with the world. I don't do polished, 'professional' applications.

Reply to
Michael Bulatovich

I am assuming it would be unrealistic for me, a novice to attempt at this point. Do you know of places I can go to have someone write this?

Reply to
pquappe

That depends on how sympathetic you are with dumb but very fast machines, how much you want to do this, etc. It's not the first program I'd write, but I am a believer in having something useful at the end of such an exercise, so maybe in your case the benefit's worth the time and trouble. If you like figuring out how stuff works that'll help. Do you have any programming experience at all?

Reply to
Michael Bulatovich