Simple lisp file question

I have a lisp file I would like to load and run, but I have not done this since R12, when it was simple. I'm using 2006 and am confused as to which
folder I should place the lisp file into so I can load it and then type it into the command line to run it.
Unless they've done something really stupid (I haven't seen 2006) you can put it wherever you want.
as of 2005:
APPLOAD used to load it for you on a sessional basis.For automatic loading you would have to modify the acaddoc.lsp file.
See your help on how to do that.
--

MichaelB
www.michaelbulatovich.ca

Thank you both for the help. It would have taken me a long time to glean this information from the help files. John