More lisp questions

This sort of carries on from the thread about inserting incemental numbers.

Once I have inserted the numbers on the dawing and the client sees it, they often change their mind, which means I have to renumber the cabinets. Not the way I would like either, I would like to let the existing cabinets keep their number and just add new numbers for the new items.But due to the moaning from the guys on the workshop floor, I need to start again with the numbers.

Does anyone have a lisp that would add a vertain amount to an already existing text string, so that if I deltee 5 cabinets, i could just add 5 to the already placed existing cabinet numbers.

TIA

Bigjobs

Reply to
Bigjobs

If you make yourself a block with a single attribute for this purpose, you will find a lisp on my site that will do the job. It'll start from any given number, use any given interval, even allow you to add an alpha/numeric prefix or suffix to the number. It's called Bseq.lsp

If you want to modify it for text labelling, it should be pretty easy. (Change one line of code?) MichaelB

----- Original Message ----- From: "Bigjobs" Newsgroups: alt.cad.autocad Sent: Thursday, June 24, 2004 6:02 AM Subject: More lisp questions

Reply to
Michael Bulatovich

Thanks, but i only want text strings of numbers adding to really, dtext is the command used to create them, I thought I saw a lisp routine that would do this, I think that there was one on Cadalot, but haven't got the time to search at the moment.

Will look toinght though.

Bigjobs

Michael Bulatovich wrote:

Reply to