More lisp questions

This sort of carries on from the thread about inserting incemental numbers.
Once I have inserted the numbers on the dawing and the client sees it, they
often change their mind, which means I have to renumber the cabinets. Not the way I would like either, I would like to let the existing cabinets keep their number and just add new numbers for the new items.But due to the moaning from the guys on the workshop floor, I need to start again with the numbers.
Does anyone have a lisp that would add a vertain amount to an already existing text string, so that if I deltee 5 cabinets, i could just add 5 to the already placed existing cabinet numbers.
TIA
Bigjobs
If you make yourself a block with a single attribute for this purpose, you will find a lisp on my site that will do the job. It'll start from any given number, use any given interval, even allow you to add an alpha/numeric prefix or suffix to the number. It's called Bseq.lsp
If you want to modify it for text labelling, it should be pretty easy. (Change one line of code?) MichaelB www.michaelbulatovich.com