network

Is it possible to work to the same project in 2 different pc connected in a lan with autocad?Thanks StE.

Reply to
DeejonZ

Same project? Same Drawing... NO. Project (more than one drawing)... yes!

My humble opinion...

Bruce

Reply to
Mr. B

What is a drawing? A drawing file? Then you're right- no. If a drawing is a drawing made of a number of xref'd drawing files then more than one can work on it at the same time.

Reply to
Michael Bulatovich

With Map, you can even work on the same drawing file's data. I certainly wouldn't recommend it, but it is possible.

For the uninitiated, I'd stick with the first two answers posted: One drawing file, no -- one paper drawing/multiple CADD files, yes. ;)

Reply to
TomD

thanks to all!!

Reply to
DeejonZ

AutoCAD locks any 'work in progress' file so as to prevent it being modified by a concurrent user.

Reply to
B. W. Salt.