Question?

It's been a few years since I took the AutoCAD program at Emily Griffith, I didn't even get through the whole thing and haven't worked in the field, so I'm afraid I've forgotten what little I learned about 3D.

But I'm trying to draw a 3D rendition of a box, anyway, for someone to weld for me.

Are there any of you who wouldn't mind answering a question for me?

Can I post a binary here?

Reply to
Mama Bear

some will bitch, but go for it. pdf is preferable

Reply to
longshot

There are all kinds of sites where you can post images and then link to them in your post.

Reply to
Michael Bulatovich

Get broadband

Reply to
<ronjok>

ASS U ME?

Reply to
Michael Bulatovich

Ok, here:

I basically sketched out the box, not knowing what the heck I'm doing in

3D anymore, and then tried to dimension it, but the dimensions are upside down and screwy in some cases, as you can see on the left side there. Different planes or views or something? :)
Reply to
Mama Bear

Exactly. You need to become expert at manipulating the UCS to do 3D work. Look it up in the help. Dimensions are 'flat' objects sitting in the UCS current when they are made.

Reply to
Michael Bulatovich

nice forumm ! "longshot" schreef in bericht news:okGwh.21024$Mx4.20860@trndny07...

Reply to
RJS

The most most suitable CAD-system for this complicated construction would be a pencil and some paper... :-)

Reply to
peter govaere

"Mama Bear" schreef in bericht news:Xns98CAD6C51F166Mama@216.196.97.142...

Did you solve your problem? I have a simular drawing available, which might help you out.

gtx RoB zz=cc

Reply to
RoB de Vries

This won't solve all your problems, but it does do miracles for manipulating UCS. Copy to blank notepad file under the name UCSSTUFF.LSP in your Support folder, Load using APPLOAD->UCSSTUFF.LSP It is a small program that lets you twist and turn the ucs using real simple commands i.e.:

Reply to
Dr Fleau