Re: duration of engineering design stages

For budget costs of structural steel projects you will find the solution at:-

Look under 'Useful Data' for details of tonnage take-off and pricing with an example. You don't even need the other stages you discuss to arrive at a budget cost.

Regards

Martin Double CADOSS

I have a survey on the time spent on the major stages of engineering > design phase. The phase is compose of the following major stages: > 1. Conceptualization > 2. Structural > 3. Detail drafting > 4. Material take-off and cost estimate > > I have been surfing websites yet i fail to find the standard time to > spent on any of the stages herewith mentioned. COuld someone lead me > to what i am looking?? > > Arnel
Reply to
Martin

Thanks for th comments. Let be pecific this time. Here are the assumptions:

  1. A three story building. 20 x 40 meters with 5 columns along the short side, and 9 columns along the longer side.
  2. the ground floor is a bookstore, second floor is a warehouse, third floor is a body-building gym.
  3. it is to e erected along the pacific earthquake belt.

how many manhours does each of the stages cosume? please neglect the architctural part of it. This i entirely all strucutural, thus, structual conceptualization, structural dsign, structural cost estimte.

Reply to
Arnel