recommended software?

I have to make a 3D model of a piece of furniture and then to have all its surfaces projected onto 2D (ie onto one plain). For instance, if I have a circular cone, I'd like to get both the lateral surface (in developed form, not just a view from one angle) and the base surface (circle) shown in one plain. I would be most grateful if someone could advise me which software to use for this purpose.

Thanks a lot!

Reply to
ivana

You could use AutoCAD's "section" command.

Chris

Reply to
Chris Gyotar

I didn't make myself clear :-) I don't need projections of the surfaces, but their real dimensions shown in one plain, as if you have a pyramide, then you cut it with the scissors and arrange the pieces on a table. AutoCAD has no such features.

Reply to
ivana

Have a look at

for unfolding any 3d-surfaces Regards Jochen

"ivana" schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:42e619c1 snipped-for-privacy@x-privat.org...

Reply to
jochen

Rhino3d will do this with any 3d volume including spheres, and other shapes. Just google for the site address

Reply to
Steve

does it cover irregular shapes too? thanks for the info ;-)

Reply to
ivana