Rotated dimension

I work at a cabinet shop and we normally draw 11x17 layouts. We organize our paper prints (shop and field install drawings) in 11x17 ring binders which bind on the left 11" end so the paper is oriented horizontally. Rotated dimensions read from the end of the page, which is OK because our title block is a narrow strip at the right edge to save space and also reads that way.

However, sometimes the shape of a part or cabinet and the required scale demands that the page is oriented vertically, which is mostly OK since now the title block is at the bottom of the vertical page. But now rotated dimensions require *another* 90 degree turn of the page and the binder is now upside down to its normal orientation.

Almost everyone - 20 employees... and the boss - want to keep 'Aligned' dimensions rather than 'Horizontal'. So my question is: Is there a way to force roted dimension to rotate to the left rather than the right?

Am using Acad '02.

Thanks,

Joe

Reply to
Joe

If I understand correctly, you can try rotating the UCS before creating Aligned Dimensions, as this will cause them to behave differently relative to the model and paperspace. It's a bit of a pain if you are doing it a lot.....

Reply to
Michael Bulatovich

You can also rotate the dim text by using _dimedit command (also in dimension toolbar) Use the rotate option and either specify an angle or choose by two points. I

Reply to
Becky

Great! Both solutions work easily and are appropriate for different circumstances. I also wrote lisp routines and created button macros for both so what I need is only a couple of clicks or keystrokes.

Thank you both. Joe

Reply to
Joe