rotated dimension text

I have a file from a customer with all the dimensions aligned with Dim lines & I wish to make them horizontal, all the right boxes are checked in dim
styles. is there a sys var or dimvar that might help? TIA
--
be cool

Longshot
Longshot wrote:

If the dimensions were created with an 'override', changing the styles won't help. You'll have to (one way or another) modify each dimension.
Which version are you using?

2000i nothing seems to be able to update the dims. guess I could start a new dwg & insert the old one into it.
Longshot wrote:

Have you tried with the properties window? I've had to do this with several drawings from outside our office. Also, if you get one corrected, you can use match properties (or whatever they call it) to update the rest.
I don't think inserting to a new drawing will help you.

lines
Once you have all the settings the way you want them to be set up, you will need to do "dim" "up"date.
snipped-for-privacy@aol.com (Longshot) wrote:

...but why bother? Use it as it is and save yourself a load of trouble.

cause my job is to use it as a reference tool (for conceptual purposes only) & to field measure all components & compare, modify as needed & build/ rebuild necessary piping & duct work. the dwg is a clusterfuck of useless lines that are part of different blocks & xrefs. I hate working in Architectural dimensions, but need to for some of the dimensions since this area is about 100 foot square. so I will turn on Alt units as Arch. crank the dimscale up to about 40 & fight through it.
in the near future this plant will shut down & my job will switch from "draftsman" to project manager & I will be working as a foreman on sight. for every hour of downtime past the allotted shutdown time, my company can be fined for production loss. some of these systems generate $10's of thousands per hour.