script problem in acad 2000

Hi,

I have the following script to move the entire contents of 500+ files down 64 units. (without the ***'s), (ze is a shortcut for zoom extents):

************* move all

0,64,0

0,0,0 ze qsave ************

I've tried it the following way as well:

************ move all

0,0,0 @64

Reply to
CDT

Using 2000i, the following works for me:

move all

0,-64,0

zoom e ____

Reply to
Paul Turvill

Chris, I think the problem is not putting a return between z & e

Dave

Reply to
dc

Thanks guys, I just got back into town today..

well, neither solution will work...Paul's script will not work either and I took the zomm extents completely out..so i have just the following:

******************** move all

0,0,0

0,-64,0 qsave *******************

if I type out the commands they work:

******************* Command: move

Select objects: all

1 found

Select objects: Specify base point or displacement: 0,0,0 Specify second point of displacement or :

0,-64,0 *******************

but the script will not...damn this is frustrating..

thanks again..any other ideas are welcome..

Reply to
CDT

one more thing..

I just ran the script on a file that has all of the entities to be moved ABOVE 0,0,0...it seems as if I have any entities below 0,0,0 then I can't move them with a script in the negative Y direction..by th way, i tried resetting the limits of the drawing before running the script and that does not help..

thanks,

Chris

Reply to
CDT