Stair Detail

I will have my B Sc. Majoring in the Architecture program (I think that's the designation) from Ryerson. And then I have UofT and Carlton which will grant me admission to their M Arch. In practical do you mean working drawings and such for my portfolio? I have an artistic portfolio that I believe shows my creativity with little to do with architecture. I gave up an offer at McMaster's Fine Arts Faculty because I did not know how I could apply it. Now I found somewhere where my creativity can be applied and I like every aspect of it. But yet again, whether I will go on to my masters is a totally different thing.

Chris

Reply to
Chris Gyotar

I have toyed with the notion of becoming a teacher at a local college. I also knew that once I became an architect I would only become a teacher anyway and freelance in my time off or vice versa.

I dont care for money. I do care about making a living. The only doubt I have is that there is a lot of time and resources that must be put into this. This worries me because I dont want to be 30 when I get out of school. Plus the years of internships which I wouldn't mind. I would have my whole youth lost in school. Any how I am rambling...

I was defensive before, I appologise. I am greatful for your insight.

Thank you

Chris

Reply to
Chris Gyotar

Alot of architects end up teaching as a way to make better money, and stay fresh.

It's a very LONG haul, indeed. I decided to be one in 1980. By 2000 I had my practice, such as it is. I've also come to the conclusion that you haven't done it all until you've done it for yourself, that is, run a practice.

So we're "cool"? Good.

I repeat my advice to go to the SPOT meeting and I'd add that I would attend some "crits" at the UofT before you apply. It'll give you a sense of what it will be like in school. It's not nearly the gauntlet it used to be when it was a 5 year program, but the ferocity of the criticism may surprise you. I'd spend a day or two just attending crits- not just the year-end ones either. Hang out at the faculty and get to know the schedule.

Reply to
Michael Bulatovich