ucs

Hi all,

I have a ucs aligned with a drawing. The ucs is at approx 20.1256 degrees .I am trying to align the x axis at right angles on the screen.

I can align the drawing by using the ucsfollow command, however this causes problems with printing viewports.

Is there a way to align the drawing to the screen without using the ucsfollow command?

Thanks Philip

Reply to
Philip Russell

type UCS --> View

-- be cool,

Reply to
Longshot

Hi,

Thanks,

I am trying to align the drawing to be parallel with the screen. Ucs View aligns the new ucs to be parallel with the screen.

I enter ucsman, preset view, to top relative to the new ucs. I then restore the ucs and the drawing should turn around to be parallel to the screen excepth it doesn't. I have to turn on ucsfollow to make the drawing change.?

Ucsfollow causes problems with paperspace viewports.

Thanks Philip

Reply to
Philip Russell

type "plan" & hit enter twice

-- be cool,

Longshot

Reply to
Longshot

Philip,

Try the following

UCS OB (for object, a command not usually given as an option) select a line in the rotation you want as x (a line at 20.1256°)

then ...

PLAN CURRENT UCS

the UCS should then aline to the X axis, rotating the drawing with it

Good luck

Lee

Reply to
Lee Meadowcroft

Hi,

Thanks the plan command works :-)

One more question, How do you rotate it back to the world view? When I hit ucs , world it only rotates the ucs?

Thanks for your help

Philip

Reply to
Philip Russell